As the founder of University of Southern Philippines Foundation was a civil engineer itself, the Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering course is one of the oldest programs of the university. With its culture of excellence and dedicated faculty, the BSCE program graduates are highly employable both locally and abroad.
We're here to help
The Civil Engineering Department under the College of Engineering and Architecture offers only one Civil Engineering Program which leads to Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering. The program strives to create an environment and provides students with the opportunity to cover various sub-fields of civil engineering, which stimulates students to achieve their potentials.
We commit ourselves to provide excellent learning outcomes and prepare our students as civil engineers who will have the depth knowledge and skills, sense of social and ethical responsibility, and a desire to serve society.
The Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering is designed to give the students a broad education background essential to modern civil engineering practice. The career paths available to civil engineers are many and varied and can involve a wide range of activities, tools, situations, and venues from conceptual design of facilities that do not yet exist to forensic study of facilities that have failed to performed as expected from advanced simulation of complex systems to the management of people and projects, and from private consulting to public the service.
Because of the broad range of demands of civil engineers’ services, the program is devoted to the study of the fundamental principles of mathematics, engineering sciences, the aspects of civil engineering practice including structural analysis/design and construction, geotechnical, transportation and water resources. Languages courses, humanities, and social sciences are also included so that the engineers may better relate to the world and society they serve.
Students can increase the breadth or depth of their knowledge in civil engineering with the recommended track of electives provided in the areas of structural engineering, water resources engineering, construction engineering and management, transportation engineering, and geo-technical and geo-environmental engineering.
Institutional electives are prescribed in order to give a certain degree of specialization so that the institutions of learning will develop strengths in areas where they already have a certain degree of expertise.
Emphasis is given to the basic concepts. Previously identified courses are strengthened to take into the account new developments. New courses and/or topics are introduced so that the student’s knowledge of the fundamentals may be enhanced. This is to allow the student to achieve a degree of knowledge compatible with international standards.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
After several years of completion of the program, the graduates are expected to demonstrate the following:
- mastery of knowledge, techniques, skills in modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice,
- develop one’s professional, social and ethical responsibility and relate these to professional goals,
- capability in conducting experiments, design, project study/research whether independently or as part of the group,
- capability in demonstrating global competitiveness in his/her field of specialization to his/her global work environment,
- work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams, and
- engage in life-long learning and an understanding of the need to keep current of the developments in the specific field of practice.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
By the time of graduation, the students of the program shall have the ability to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve complex mechanical engineering problems;
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data;
- Design a system, a component, or a process to meet desired needs with realistic concerns, in accordance with the standards;
- Function in multidisciplinary teams;
- Identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems;
- Apply professional and ethical responsibility;
- Communicate effectively civil engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large;
- Understand the impact of civil engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal context;
- Recognize the need for, and engage in life-long learning
- Know contemporary issues;
- Use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice;
- Know and understand engineering and management principles as a member and leader of the team, and to manage projects in multidisciplinary environment;
- Understand at least one specialized field of civil engineering practice.
For new applicants and applicants who have not completed the requirements, click APPLY NOW.Apply Now