College of Pharmacy
The College of Pharmacy started in 2004 with three (3) initial students and two (2) part-time teachers. It was opened for the intention of becoming a buffer for the Nursing program, which at that time was booming as everybody wanted to become a nurse back then. As the years unfolded, the department’s enrollment increased and it has since produced a good number of pharmacists. The college is now in its sixteenth year of existence.
We entrust ourselves to a humanistic quality pharmacy instruction / education
Goals and Objectives
- Strengthen the quality of pharmaceutical instructions guided by the latest teaching and learning strategies with humane and ethical approach;
- Imbibe the culture of research for product development relevant to the demands of time; and
- Develop socially responsive extension programs attuned to the needs of the community.
The Pharmacy education is a four year Bachelor Degree which provides a broad spectrum of scientific training and can lead to employment in a wider range of scientific range principally in higher education institutions, community drug stores, hospitals, in government agencies, research establishments, public health, and pharmaceutical industry. It should also encompass pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, household hazardous substances, drug delivery devices, and veterinary medicines.
Program Educational Objectives
After completion of the BS Pharmacy program, the graduate are expected to demonstrate:
- Comprehensive knowledge needed to be globally competent pharmacists in the tri-fold areas: hospital, community and manufacturing;
- Competency on pharmacy skills that are applied in the field ;
- Adherence to the code of ethics, professionalism and integrity as a health care professionals;
- Awareness on the latest information and research in the pharmacy field; and
- Empathy to the community needing the services of socially responsive pharmacists.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Upon completion of the BS pharmacy program,the student will be able to:
- Acquire the necessary knowledge to pass the Pharmacy Licensure Examination;
- Utilize critical thinking skills, innovative strategies and technology to facilitate learning;
- Undertake researches relate to the pharmacy field;
- Provide patient-centered care and become involved in the community-related pharmacy services as a medication expert; and
- Practice the verbal and written communication skills as an effective pharmaceutical care provider.
Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy major in Hospital/Clinical Pharmacy (Download Curriculum)
Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy major in Manufacturing Pharmacy (Download Curriculum)
Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy major in Community/Retail Pharmacy (Download Curriculum)
For new applicants and applicants who have not completed the requirements, click APPLY NOW.Apply Now