The University of Southern Philippines Psychology Program is a four year Bachelor’s Degree program with concentration on Assessment, Abnormal Psychology, Principles of Guidance and Clinical Psychology. These areas are handled by faculty members who are experts in their fields and who have a wide range of interests. The program exposes undergraduate students to both theory and practice of psychology.
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN PSYCHOLOGY
The Psychology Program of the University of Southern Philippines Foundation aims to provide students with in-depth knowledge of the discipline. The program is committed in providing a firm foundation to the Psychology majors, which will equip them in the practice of the course. The student will be able to apply their learning through internship and research.
Students Learning Outcomes
The program is guided by the subset of intended student learning outcomes from the American Psychological Association (APA) Guidelines for Undergraduate Major (2013).
1. Knowledge Base in Psychology: Majors will demonstrate fundamental knowledge and comprehension of the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, historical trends, and empirical findings in psychology.
2. Scientific Inquiry and Critical Thinking: Majors will engage in scientific reasoning and critical thinking, including effective research methodology in solving problems related to behaviour and mental processes. This includes psychology information literacy and interpreting, designing and conducting basic psychological research.
3. Ethical and Social Responsibility in a Diverse World: Majors will develop ethically and socially responsible behaviours for professional and personal settings, including development of values that build diverse communities.
4. Communication: Majors will demonstrate competence in writing, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
5. Professional Development: Majors will apply psychology specific content skills, including effective self-reflection, project-management skills, and teamwork skills to develop career and graduate school readiness.
For new applicants and applicants who have not completed the requirements, click APPLY NOW.Apply Now